Brussels Sprouts and Chestnuts with Blue Cheese
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 2 large shallots, halved lengthwise, sliced crosswise
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, stem end trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 1 7.25- to 7.4-ounce jar steamed chestnuts
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté 1 minute. Add brussels sprouts and chestnuts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté 1 minute. Add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until brussels sprouts are almost tender, about 5 minutes. Uncover and boil until almost all liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes. Add cream and boil until brussels sprouts and chestnuts are coated with cream, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Mix in chives. Season with salt and generous amount of pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.