Skewered Scallops with Orange-Sesame Dipping Sauce
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce*
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 18 medium-size sea scallops, side muscles trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Mix first 7 ingredients in medium bowl o blend well. DO AHEAD Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Mix in remaining ingredients. Season orange-sesame sauce with salt and pepper.
Heat peanut oil and sesame oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Add to skillet; sauté until just opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to large bowl. Add mint and cilantro; toss to coat. Thread 1 scallop onto each skewer. Arrange skewers decoratively on platter. Serve with sauce.