Dilly Bean Potato Salad
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 2 shallots, halved lengthwise, very thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 6 tablespoons (or more) red wine vinegar
- 3 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (or more) mayonnaise
- 1 large pinch of smoked paprika
- 3 cups trimmed watercress, purslane, or wild arugula, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Dilly Beans (click for recipe), cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- 2-3 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled, quartered
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or celery leaves
Place shallots in a small bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar and a large pinch of salt; set aside.
Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, about 30 minutes. Drain potatoes well; transfer to a large bowl. Lightly crush potatoes with the back of a large spoon. Add shallot-vinegar mixture to hot potatoes and toss to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
Whisk 1 cup mayonnaise and smoked paprika in a small bowl; add to potatoes and toss to combine. Fold in watercress, beans, and eggs and season to taste with salt, pepper, and more vinegar, if desired. Garnish with parsley. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Return to room temperature before serving, if desired, stirring in additional mayonnaise if dry.