Chicken and vegetable filo pie recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Chicken pie
- Chicken and vegetable pie
Tender chicken breasts combine with broccoli and peas in this delicious pie topped off with golden filo pastry.
77 people made this
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250g chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 250ml milk
- salt and pepper
- 85g broccoli, divided into florets
- 85g green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 250g filo pastry
- melted butter, for brushing
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Lightly grease a pie dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook and stir until tender, about 4 to 6 minutes. Add the chicken and cook and stir for a further 5 minutes.
- Into the frying pan, sprinkle in the flour then gradually pour in the milk, stirring constantly then increase the heat and bring to the boil. Season then add the broccoli and green peas and mix well. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the centre and the sauce has thickened, about 5 more minutes.
- Line the prepared pie dish with several sheets of filo pastry, brushing each with butter, covering the base and sides. Spoon in the filling. Cover with several sheets of filo pastry, brushing each with butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes on the lower shelf until the filo pastry is golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
We are vegan, so I made some adaptations (Quorn chicken pieces, soy butter, etc.), and additions (spinach, sun dried tomatoes & other tasty/healthy tidbits. Even the kids loved it & request it as a favorite dinner!-22 Sep 2016